Dozens of ASG-certified Chinese Stamps in Spink Auction
Posted on 10/18/2023
Dozens of vintage Chinese stamps certified by Authenticated Stamp Guaranty® (ASG®) are available in a Spink auction on October 27, 2023.
One of the most interesting items in this auction is four examples of the China 1982 1 Yuan 1st Congress of All-China Philatelic Federation Souvenir Sheet graded ASG XF 90 Mint OG (lot 794) with an estimate of 200-500 HKD (about $25 to $60). The 1st Congress of the All-China Philatelic Federation marked a historic gathering, uniting philatelists from across China to celebrate the rich tapestry of stamp collecting. As a pivotal moment in the nation's philatelic history, this event served as a platform for enthusiasts to exchange knowledge, display their collections and forge new connections in the vibrant world of stamp collecting.
Other ASG-certified stamps in this auction include:
- a group of four China 1952 C15 sets, one China 1953 C24 set and two China 1955 C9 reprint sets from 1952, 1953 and 1955 (lot 802) with an estimate of 500 to 1,000 HKD (about $60 to $130)
- a complete set of three China 1977 8 Fen China Communist Party 11th National Congress (lot 791) with an estimate of 300 to 1,000 HKD (about $40 to $130)
- four complete C6 sets (five stamps each) of China 1955 PRC 1st Anniversary Reprints (100, 400, 800, 1,000 and 2,000 Yuan) (lot 786) with an estimate of 200 to 1,000 HKD (about $25 to $130)
- a group of six China 1986 T.110 sets (8, 10 and 70 Fen) Grus Leucogeranus, (lot 796), with an estimate of 200 to 1,000 HKD (about $25 to $130)
- five examples of the China 1991 2 Yuan Chengde Imperial Summer Resort Souvenir Sheet (lot 798) with an estimate of 200 to 500 HKD (about $25 to $60)
Estimates are provided by the auction house. The $ symbol represents US Dollars.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free ASG eNewsletter today!